2/10/2009

fobdom

When I first moved to Japan, I was amused by how every Japanese person would render the peace sign when it's picture time. I felt superior, secretly thinking that they were lame for doing it. What I didn't know at the time is that the peace sign is CONTAGIOUS. I have now been infected with the bug, and can no longer smile at a camera without those 2 fingers automatically extending themselves towards the lens. (ok, ok, I admit. Maybe the "now" doesn't describe my affliction accurately) It's quite sad, actually, but don't blame me.

Blame the damned peace sign virus.







Special thanks to Jaime for giving me the inspiration for this post...and for the title!

4 comments:

  1. You've got a story worth telling, Alice, so blog it up! But the bad news is, once you've got peace-byou, you'll never really ween yourself off that peace sign... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al:
    sadly, you have been afflicted with the peace sign disease from the FIRST TIME you lived in Japan... so really, it's really more of a chronic problem.
    But we still love you. Just don't use those fingers when posing with me... I like my photos "untainted" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the snow-totoro!!! so cute!! that one deserves a peace sign. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, you've been doing the peace sign for almost as long as I've known you.

    ReplyDelete